what worked before doesn't now.....

coping skills :
here is what worked when I was younger:

  • walks by myself
  • Hiking
  • writing
  • lots of time to myself
  • journaling
  • scrapbooking
  • photoalbums
  • organizing
  • decluttering
  • going numb
  • cutting/ shutting people out
what no longer works and why and what works now:

  • walks by myself and hiking because I am a busy mom so I now can't just leave to do that.
  • writing I can't devote the time and it does not help like it used to. Years of counseling stopped that
  • I still organize and declutter constantly plus teaching my kids early to do the same
  • I no longer go numb or emotionless due to a promise I made to my hubby before we were married that I would never do that again
  • I stopped cutting and sought help for that I do still tend to shut down and shut ppl out but that doesn't help. 0
  • I have started bullet journaling( which I have come to appreciate) 
  • and hopefully blogging will work out. 
I am always looking for new ways to cope that might help...... so any ideas are helpful :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Picking yourself up

Disection of trauma

Lil annoyances